My thoughts on food, restaus, makeup, fashion, books, movies, photography, events and everything else that interests me. Enjoy!

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Red Kimono

I have long wanted to try Red Kimono and finally I was able to. The place is quite small and can be stuffy during peak hours. They are ofering a sort of buffet at the moment wherein you order a la carte anything you want from their buffet menu, so you may want to try it.
What we had:

Salmon and Cheese Maki
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Interesting combination but just "ok"

Crunchy Ebi Maki
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I think Omakase's crunchy maki was better but hte two are quite different from one another. This one has a tempura like crispy batter outside.

Layered Spinach and Tofu
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The best of all that I ate. Who knew tofu and spinach would be great together! The peanut sauce was also a complementing taste to the dish.

No comments: