My thoughts on food, restaus, makeup, fashion, books, movies, photography, events and everything else that interests me. Enjoy!

Saturday, November 18, 2006

JT's Manukan

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Ever since I was a child, I've always enjoyed chicken inasal . I specifically like the Chicken Bacolod branch in BF Homes, Pque. I recently heard of the opening of JT's Manukan and the thorough research the owners went through to look for the best 'timpla' of it all. I was so enamore to try this that right after reading about it, I dragged my friend to Eastwood because we were told that there was a branch there. Alas, after about an hour and a half of looking and asking around for it, we gave up and ate else where. Two months later, we were happily doing some shopping when we stumbled upon a gigantic banner saying that JT's Manukan, among many other new food stalls had just opened in Eastwood. We had already eaten when we saw that and decided to just come back later on. Many exams, projects and oral defenses later, we were finally able to eat there.
Verdict:I indeed truly agree that this is the best chicken inasal I have ever tasted. The marinade was different from the ones you've already probably tasted and yet it was still able to retain that inasal taste. The chicken was perfectly cookes, all juicy and tender. The chicken piece (pecho in this case) was generous and meaty (malaman). Their garlic rice had so much garlic, and not the nasty burnt kind I hate, I was really euphoric. My friend and I did not speak much during that meal. We just huffed down our food.
Down side though is that the eating area for this branch is quite small and hot. Maybe I'll have this in their actual restaus instead....Ah... I'm salivating just thinking about it.

Pecho Php80
Garlic Rice Php20

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

uy. ang sarap naman ng kanin.haha

Anonymous said...

oh yes! i've tried this one too and it was really good! best chicken inasal i've tried! =)

Anonymous said...

yeah.and ang mura pa!!