My thoughts on food, restaus, makeup, fashion, books, movies, photography, events and everything else that interests me. Enjoy!

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

TOSH 3

Libis branch...


Before anything else, I'd like to say that this TOSH experience was not it my "suki" branch and because of what has happened, I have sworn off not to go to ANY TOSH restaurants for sometime.
When we got there, the waiters were all at the back/kitchen chitchatting. We sat a long time waiting to be served. It was 4pm and I could understand their lack of energy to be attentive. There were other people at the restaurant at that time. After being given the menu, it was very long before they came back to take our order. I had to wave my hand and shout to get their attention. They were all chitchatting at the bar. We got a bottomless iced tea. Inspite of having several customers there, they did not have the iced tea ready and had to mix it PER refill asked. I was already getting irrate. I also got coffee which they forgot to serve until I reminded them that I had ordered. Then the orders came, in the wrong order. Pasta,Salad,Pizza. At about 2 minutes apart. So really, there was hardly anytime for us to be able to savor the food without being disturbed. So we had the salad first naturally and by the time we got to the pasta, it was already starting to "sebo"...bad bad bad...By the end of our meal, I needed a water refill and no one was looking in our direction. So I had a sip of my friend's bottomless iced tea. When we finally got someone's attention and indicated that we wanted water and iced tea refills, the waitress says to us "Maam, last refill niyo na daw po ito dahil nagsheshare kayo ng iced tea ni sir". The nerve!!!!!! So we didn't touch the water and iced tea anymore, paid the bill and left....I won't be going back to any TOSH anytime soon.....

What we had:

asian chicken salad with mangoes & oranges
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Really just a cream pesto sauce with some mangoes. I have no idea where the "orange" part of the dish was. There was too little lettuce for the amount of dressing in the dish. Or maybe too much dressing in the lettuce. I don't know.....Nothing special.

penne with gorgonzal cheese sauce
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I thought that it would at least have somethin else in it. But no. It was just pasta smothered in gorgonzola cheese. I can at least say they used authentic gorgonzola.


pesto pizza
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
It was served sizzling in the hot plate. I think this was a stone-baked pizza. The ingredients were generous and if you look closely, you'll notice that the ingredients were equally placed. I can't help thinking that the cook spent some time strategizing on where to best put the mushroom, olive and tomatoes. The pizza is so symmetric!!!!


P.S. this one wiater kept giving me dagger looks everytime I took pictures of the food. it was MY food. i have everyright to take pictures of it. i'm paying for it. had they treated me well, it would even have been free publcity for them!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

won't be eating at this place! i hate that kind of crappy service! and their nerve, treating you that way!! >_<