My thoughts on food, restaus, makeup, fashion, books, movies, photography, events and everything else that interests me. Enjoy!

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Sonja's Cupcakes

I've been waiting for this place to open for a long time now. It definitely did not disappoint. We went there on their opening day. Obviously, things were still a little slow and most servers did not know to heart the cupcake variants yet but, I can cut them some slack for that. The cupcakes were really good although I admit they are quite expensive.

Chocolate Surprise
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I guess the surprise was the green ball toppings. The cake itself was ordinary but the icing was delicious!!
It's described as "A classic and fluffy yellow cake topped with either vanilla or chocolate buttercream".

Strawberry n' Cream
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This was great. The cake, the icing, the topping were all perfect together. Obviously, the batter used for making the cupcakes are all different from one another. Described as "Brown butter almond cake with fresh strawberries and whipped cream icing."

Creme Brulee

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I didn't really know that this was considered a cupcake. Anyway, it was great in its dense chewy way. Described as "Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee with a sweetened Cupcake Short Crust".

No comments: