My thoughts on food, restaus, makeup, fashion, books, movies, photography, events and everything else that interests me. Enjoy!

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Part 4: Myron's

For our main date, we decided to go here. Ever since the steak bloggin craze started, we knew we wanted to try this place right away. As luck would have it, an "excuse" came up. Great food! Myron's should be known not only for their steaks but for the other dishes as well, most especially the oysters!

Baked Oysters Rockefeller (Php 295)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Great! Fresh as fresh can be! It was so tender and the cheese really melts in your mouth. The bacon bits were a nice touch. Baked to perfection. It was almost as if we weren't eating oysters anymore! Really good.


Farfalle with Smoked Salmon and Asparagus (Php 280)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Good. Again I was so happy that the salmon was fresh and hardly had any of those black parts I hate. The asparagus was a great taste contrast. Pasta was cooked perfectly. Big enough to share. Worth it's price.


Louie's Choice (Php 1050)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Yes. Quite pricey but "minsan lang naman eh"... Great steak. We had ours well done and yet it was still moist and juicy. The foie gras was tender. Hmm.... it's taste kinda reminded me of fat which I hate (don't eat it at all) yet I kept eating because I couldn't believe that it was liver.... I so wish pork and chicken liver tasted like that too! All in all though, I don't think it's my thing...
We got the Shiraz Cabernet- Shallot Jus sauce which the server recommened. Nothing spectacular that I noticed.... Well, I couldn't really taste the Cabernet.
Moreover, we also enjoyed the sidings that came with the steak. Most especially the baked garlic clove. I don't think you could call that garlic anymore....It was really chewy and once again baked to perfection.

Red Plum Shake (Php 90)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I like finely shaved ice. The shake was definitely refreshing. But before I judge it, I think I'd better try the other shakes available. But this one I think is a little too "mapakla" (acrid?) for me...


Will go back. Most definitely for the oysters and to try the salads and other pastas.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i really liked this restaurant. the food here was really, really good!! the oysters were out of this world really! haha and the steak, oh wow! it was my first time tasting foie gras and i wasn't dissaponted! the garlic side dish was also very new! i wouldn't know it was garlic till i tasted it! haha a very good place to eat! good choice! =)

Anonymous said...

very pricey! but a very good place to spend those special dates! ;p it will be so worth every penny you spend!