My thoughts on food, restaus, makeup, fashion, books, movies, photography, events and everything else that interests me. Enjoy!

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Sentro

Been hearing about the palce for a long time now. Their legendary Sinigang na Corned Beef is now infamous.
And it is absolutely just as good as the grapevine says! Here are what we were able to try:

Rated GG Php 185
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
"Gg fillets fried in garlic, oil, topped with browned garlic." This was okay. At the very least it was boneless, great appetizer or pulutan.

Corned Beef Short Ribs and Boneless Shanks in Tamarind Broth Php340
--> more popularly known as Corned Beef Sinigang
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
It was great! They actually give you a small serving of the soup early on so you can have your soup more or less sour. They also serve the clay pot on top of a candle set up to keep it warm
throughout  your meal. The meat was glorious, it was very soft. I think if there was a kilo of that meat in the soup, I could have finished it all by myself. The vegetables were very fresh and crisp. Great great great dish this one!

Bottomless  Sago't Gulaman Php80
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I found this one to be too sweet for me, I didn't like it that much. I prefer those sold in sidewalks much more. haha.

Cute Rice Container Php45 (i think)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


They give you butong pakwan (watermelon seeds) while waiting for your food to arrive. Food was good, service was ok too. A bit expensive for casual dining though, but I'm willing to come back to try the other dishes in the menu.

No comments: