My thoughts on food, restaus, makeup, fashion, books, movies, photography, events and everything else that interests me. Enjoy!

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Cafe Mediterranean

Appetizer Sampler Php160
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
You can choose any 3 of the appetizers they have, which they serve in smaller sizes with 2 plain pita breads.
The black one is the tapenade which is made of “minced black olives, capers and olive oil from Provence.” I liked this one, not very ‘dip-like’ more of a filling kind of thing.
The white one is the hummus which is made from garbanzos. Of the three, this was my favorite and was the most addicting one, to be honest you wouldn’t know it was made of garbanzos if you didn’t know you were eating hummus. It was the most dip like too! It was described in the menu as "a classic garbanzo and sesame dip from the middle east."
The green one is the tzatziki which was made of cucumber, garlic and mint. This was very refreshing. I don’t normally like mint flavors in my food, but I couldn’t detect that in this dish! "Cucumber, yogurt and mint."

Kofta Burger Php120
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Described as "spicy grille dbeef and lamb" I didn't quite find this as special as it was supposed to be. It was to have kofta
(which are ground vegetables made to look like meatballs) and lamb. 
I don't think there was much lamb in this dish. Also, I found a bone in the burger, so you be the judge!

Kofta Gyro Php95
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I got this one in regular but in wheat bread. It was okay, better than the kofta appetizer they have. I love that what I'm eating are so healthy!

Beef Gyro Php105
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Picture was taken from previous post because I was not able to take a proper picture. In my opinion, this is better eaten in wheat bread.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yum