My thoughts on food, restaus, makeup, fashion, books, movies, photography, events and everything else that interests me. Enjoy!

Monday, January 22, 2007

Balducci Italian Restaurant

We went to Serendra on a Saturday night without a reservation. Big mistake. All restaurants were full! We tried to go to several other places before settling for this one and were told we had to wait about 45 minutes to get a table for two. Was I in New York? haha...I felt like I was.. Learned my lesson though. Next time I'll be getting a reservation or better yet will be going on a weekday. These are what we had:

Bread Basket
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This of course was free and had matching butter, liver pate and salsa on the side. Was not that impressed by their bread selection. In my honest opinion, the bread in Italliani's was better.


Greca-Pomodoro, lattuga, feta, oregano,patate, olive Php220
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Described as "Our version of the classic greek salad made with fresh red tomatoes, lettuce, feta cheese, olives, oregano and potatoes. Serving size was small. Obviously it wasn't meant to be shared. I found the dressing to have to much vinegar on it. Or maybe there really wasn't enought lettuce in the salad to soak up all that vinegar? haha... Wasn't that impressed with it. Probably would not get it again.

Fettucine all'uovo alla marinara con porcini (Seafood fettucine with porcini mushrooms) Php310
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This was good. Serving was quite limited though. I liked the sauce (I really coulndn't figure out what it was, something cream-like though). There was a good share of seafood and mushrooms in the pasta. I was expecting a bigger serving (good for one pesron) for the price though.

Cool ambience. They have a mini deli inside as well. Musicians play throughout the night. Maybe it was really because of the rush hour of Saturday night, but I felt like they were rushing us to finish our meal. I was not yet done with my pasta but one of the other servers (not ours) was already standing by my table eager to pick up the plate already. That's just plain rude.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Serendra is always ridiculously full because the restaurants are so tiny. Reservations required everywhere!

cici said...

yeah.learned that the hard way...haha..thanks!