My thoughts on food, restaus, makeup, fashion, books, movies, photography, events and everything else that interests me. Enjoy!

Monday, September 04, 2006

Taste of Siam

This would really have to be my favourite Thai restau! There is nothing here that disappoints.

Tom Yum Ruam Mitra
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The soup is served with fire bursting out of the hole in the middle. Okay maybe im exaggerating..... I think they used dry ice to capture the effect but hey! i think it worked just fine! The soup was in a perfect level of sourness and was not too spicy. There were a lot of shrimps and big button mushrooms to go around for two people. The server said that the order was just enough for 2 people but i think 3-4 could have even enjoy this!

Fluffy Catfish Salad
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I don't know why it's called "fluffy" because there was nothing fluffy about this dish! It was very crisp and light, made even more perfect by its green mango-vinegar dipping sauce.

Phad Thai
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Though I knew what I had ordered was already more than enough for two people, I had to indulge my guest and order something with carbos, who later regretted coercing me to order this because we were so stuffed! hehehe.....Well, I think there was too much egg in this phad thai and not enough peanutty taste in it. I don't think I'll be having this again anytime soon.

Must Try: Fluffy Catfish Salad

No comments: