My thoughts on food, restaus, makeup, fashion, books, movies, photography, events and everything else that interests me. Enjoy!

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Cafe Agogo

4 stars

The name may be misleading, but don't let it turn you off. I've been hearing that they had great paninis and so decided to give it a try. It's literally a hole in the wall. When passing by the area, blink, and you'll miss it. A good landmark though, is that it is directly across Makati Med. The cafe itself was dimly lit and gave me a feeling that it was kind of an artsy pub house. Most of the artworks displayed were on sale. The acoustics of the place was not very good and noise was just bouncing back and forth. Upon inspection of the wall, I saw that they had combo meals which I had decided to get.

What we ate:

1- details to follow

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2- details to follow

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Onion Rings- I was not able to take a picture of this since we were so hungry when it was served. I must say though that it was in my honest opinion, the best order of onion rings I've ever had in all the restaus I've tried. It's dipping sauce was also unique tasting although a little small compared to huge serving of the onion rings which can actually serve 4 people.

Mochamisu- The mini broas guarding the cake, were soft and smooth, although I was expecting them to be crunchy, I liked the idea of its softness and smoothness. The mocha taste was definitley there although very subtle. It's actually your classic tiramisu with a little more kick!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Lemon Torte- This somewhat reminded me of sansrival only that it had lemon zests in it's icing and hints of lemon in the torte itself. The best part about this cake was its lemony filling. It was a nice break from all the sweet cakes, we're all so used to having. I would have preferred the filling to be more sour, more lemony though.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting