My thoughts on food, restaus, makeup, fashion, books, movies, photography, events and everything else that interests me. Enjoy!

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The Restaurant at the Getty Center

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I was in the Getty Museum recently. It's such a beautiful place to see. Best of all, it's free. Hey! I made a rhyme!

I was debating with myself on where to have lunch. I had 3 choices.
  • 1 eat at the cafe but there was nothing really there except for coffee and scones
  • 2 eat at the al fresco restau
  • 3 eat at the fine dining restau
Although the prices are much much higher, I decided to go with the last choice because I was so cold already and could not bare the thought of eating outside. So, I decided to "pay the price" of eating in a warmer place.

Complimentary Plate of Bread
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
with salt???, a beet dipping sauce and butter. I asked why there was salt and the server said that some of their customers ask for salt with their bread so they've gotten used to serving the bread with salt already. Weird much.

Roast Beet Salad $12
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Shaved Fennel, Humboldt Fog Goat Cheese, Pistachios and Citrus0 Basil Vinaigrette
First off, this is such a small serving for such a hefty price tag. I knew I wasn't getting my money's worth but hey! I was cold! I also couldn't taste the vinaigrette. It was a good salad though. Very healthy.
On my second bite, I noticed that there was a strand of hair (blonde, so definitely not mine) in my salad. I told my server and he immediately took my plate away without verifying if it was true. Minutes later, I was served the same salad and the manager and kitchen staff apologized to me profusely.

Later on, my server approached me and told me that I was going to get a free dessert for my troubles. My server even had me picking out a dessert but then another server comes out with a pre-picked dessert for me.

Tropical Verrine $8
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This was good! Again, small for the $8 I wasn't going to pay for. hahaha.... I particularly liked the coconut topping on top.

So I had paid for my salad (no tax here people!) and was answering a survey when my server comes up to me and tells me that my whole meal was free! yey! Imagine that! I saved $20! To think I was feeling so bad that I was going to spend so much on my lunch when I could have spent less had I eaten in the cafeteria.

My server should got a big tip that day.




No comments: