My thoughts on food, restaus, makeup, fashion, books, movies, photography, events and everything else that interests me. Enjoy!

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The Cookery

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
One night we had dinner so late that there were no other food options on the road. We ended up in The Cookery which is really a trucker's rest area. Not the best crowd.I was able to taste the

Atlantic Salmon $
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
½ lb grilled-to-order Atlantic salmon topped with buttery garlic sauce served with choice of side and garlic bread. Not the best salmon.

Spicy Shrimp & Smoked Sausage Fettuccini $
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
One dozen shrimp sautéed with smoked sausage tossed in a spicy chipotle pepper Alfredo cream sauce with fettuccini, tomato and green onion served with garlic bread. This would have been good had the sauce not been so watery! I couldn't finish the rest of my pasta after I had eaten the shrimp because it was so watered down. You can't even call the sauce a sauce. I also didn't like their kind of smoked sausage because it left an uneasy taste on my mouth.


No comments: