My thoughts on food, restaus, makeup, fashion, books, movies, photography, events and everything else that interests me. Enjoy!

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Swagat Indian Restaurant

My parents own a condo unit in Rada Street and so I had the chance to eat here today. I first heard about this place from wysgal and have been interested in trying it out ever since! The place is really small, service was fast and the servings were generous. What I liked most about the place was that the servers were very well informed of the dishes in the menu. I asked them so many many questions (some of the dishes were very hard to differentiate from one another) and they could answer them all! Kudos to you! Here's what we had:

Vegetable Samosa Php60
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This was very filling. Naturally spicy even if we ordered the mild version. It came with 2 sauces (see picture below) which I most certainly loved! It's described as "Triangular pastry stuffed w/ mildly spiced potatoes & peas & deep-fried." I wish I could taste more of the 'peas' part of the samosa though.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Yummy dipping sauces. The green one is a spicy cilantro dipping sauce I got addicted to and the brown one is a sweet tamarind dipping sauce my companion liked.

Aloo Tikki Php60
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Described as "Mashed potato patties w/ mild spice, deep-fried in vegetable oil." I liked this one more than the samosas. Most especially when I tried to dip it in the cilantro sauce! Wow. Bliss... I got so addicted! You must have this with the cilantro sauce! Must!!!

Mushroom Paneer  Php140
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This was addicting too! It's made of mushrooms cooked w / homemade cottage cheese & spices. The cheese was so good in itself! Mushrooms was just a bonus to this wonderful dish! It was all about the cheese for me!

Murgh Biryani Php160

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Described as "Chicken cooked w/ special Indian rice & flavored spices."We were supposed to get Sangam Biryani which had both chicken and lamb but they didn'y have lamb that day. We ended up with the murgh biryani instead. I loved the way the rice was cooked. I would have preferred an order of the rice only. I didn't like the way the chicken was cooked.
Next time, we'll prbably get the Kashmiri pullow (Indian rice, cooked with herbs & spices w / dry nuts) instead.

This place has really affordable prices and much much better food than most hyped restaus *cough*Bollywood*cough*. There's the mandatory tax but no service charge was charged. Will most definitely come back to try more!


*Disclaimer: I noticed that wysgal and I had almost ordered the same stuff. This was unintentional. Most of what we got in common are the common Indian dishes to be had. Next time,I'll try to be more adventurous with my orders.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.