My thoughts on food, restaus, makeup, fashion, books, movies, photography, events and everything else that interests me. Enjoy!

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Movie I'm Loving Now: 300

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
My favorite movie as of late. I am so loving this! And I'm quite sure that I am not alone, wherever I go, school, mall, park or party, I hear people talking about scenes from the movie, the characters and sometimes I even hear them chanting that infamous chant "Ahu ahu ahu" (I really don't know how else to spell that). It's a great movie. Really. I loved the effects, the story. I loved the characters most especially that of Leonidas. Not to mention he has an oh so cute butt! I also found the character of Xerxes very amusing. That overly tanned (goldened) gay-ish overdrawn eyebrowed monster. He was an effective antagonist in his own weird and disturbing way. 
Lastly, I liked the way the story was told. For those who still have not seen the movie (and I strongly suggest that you do), the movie is narrated by one of the '300'
quite matter of factly and unbiased.

Some questions that arose from discussions with friends:
1. In the scene where the Spartans were asked what their profession was, they answered "Ahu ahu ahu." So what does that mean?
2. Really funny that they use very modern dialogues/ punch lines in a very traditional/history based movie. For example "I'm just stretching my legs."
3. That bed scene.
4. The cool foretelling of the oracle.
5. And lastly, my friends and I all agree that the son of Leonidas' right hand man wouldn't have died had his father not distracted him/ called out to him or had his father been more alert to point out that there was enemy riding toward him.

There you have it. Man, if 300 sets of pure chiseled abs doesn't get you to watch this movie, then I don't know what will!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

after seeeing this movie i didnt felt like eating.. grabe.. the ABS!!!! nakakabading