My thoughts on food, restaus, makeup, fashion, books, movies, photography, events and everything else that interests me. Enjoy!

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Banapple

First of all, I think the name 'Bananapple' would have been cuter but that's besides the point. This place serves really delectably sweet desserts! I think they have the tendency to over sweeten their cakes but that's okay with me. I just eat the cake a little more slowly and enjoy every bite of it. I was in my (old, sob) school yesterday and was finally able to have the chance to try their cakes (I waited for you to open! I did! Promise!) and these were what we had.

Apple Caramel Crumble Pie Php 75
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I was quite annoyed with it's very crumbly (almost powdery) topping. It was too loose, for the lack of a better term. I prefer my apple pies to be very crumbly on top. I did however love the crust which I found to be a great "sweetness absorber" to the overpowering caramel taste. I'd probably try the other cakes before getting this again.

Banoffee Pie Php65

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I apologize for the horrid picture. I got this only because it was the supposed best seller, even got it on take-out. The banana slices on this one were big and chewy and very much soakes in caramel. The chocolate shaving were a great contrast to the sweetness of rest of the cake. Once again, I liked the crust most on this one. One thing I didn't like though was that I could actually taste sugar crystals on the cake (crust most especially) while I was eating it. 

No comments: