My thoughts on food, restaus, makeup, fashion, books, movies, photography, events and everything else that interests me. Enjoy!

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Cafe Mediterranean

Finally! Cafe Med has opened a branch in the mall nearest me, albeit in a "cursed" space....hehe. Service was a bit unorganized but that's okay since they only opened this week anyway. One thing that bothered me though is that they didn't have receipts yet.
Anyways, here are what we ordered for a very late lunch and an early dinner.

Kofta Php 90
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I wasn't sure on how to eat this. So we just rolled them into little balls. Good but I'd probably try all the other appetizers in the menu first before I order this again.

Special Falafel Gyro in Wheat Php 125
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
It was good, but hard to eat. Falafel are fried mushed garbanzo beans which they had rolled into balls. It really is very messy to eat. Maybe next time I'll eat the falafel seperately from the wrap? I don't know.haha

Special Roast Beef Gyro in Regular Break Php 90
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
All that business about special and regular cna be confusing. Special gyros mean that you have pickles and fries (2 pcs!) in the wrap. Plus, you could get your gyro in regular bread (white pita) or special bread (wheat). Confusing for the order takers.hehehe.... This one was easier to bite into, but had less of that distinct Mediterranean taste that one would look for when eating here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

was that kofta meat? or veggie?

cici said...

it was meat