My thoughts on food, restaus, makeup, fashion, books, movies, photography, events and everything else that interests me. Enjoy!

Friday, December 08, 2006

Sacrificial Lamb (two times)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
It's our sportsfest in school this week, and to avoid being branded a hypocrite, and 
since it was my last year, I decided to join a game....After much thought, I signed up
for dodgeball. We adapted the style from the dodgeball movie (which I have yet to see)
and not the
 one we used to play in grade school wherein there was only one ball being passed around and one team enclosed the other team in a square where theywere all inside,
ready to be hit.
That day came, and I participated, I think I helped more by cheering when I wasn't in the round 
than actually playing the game. Anyway, what's important is that we won. The following day, we were supposed to play the championships. I already said that I couldn't because I had a class on the time the championship round was to be played.
Well, come my exam, I finished it in like 20 minutes (and I took my time na with that ha!) when it was supposed to be for 90 minutes... 
Anyway, I was glad because at the very least I could watch the championship game.
When I got there, they hadn't started yet. Worst of all, our team had no players!
So many people signed up, but hardly anyone showed up!
As a last resort, they asked me to play.

Problem 1: I was wearing a skirt, brand new ballet flats and was not wearing our team color.
In the end, I had to borrow my friend's shirt and jogging pants which were really too big and long for me and anothers friend's rubber shoes.
Problem 2: I had a party to attend to that night and though I didn't mind being late, I didn't want to show up sweaty and smelly.
Problem 3: I was obviously not good at playing the game. I was probably my team's weakest link!! But rather than forfeiting the game, I decided to play anyway.

Ahhh..... It's so painful to relive those moments.....

So this is what happened. My team played well for about 5 minutes, in all that time, all I did was pass a stray ball to a member of my team so that they could be the ones to throw the ball and have a better chance of hitting anybody... My job in those five minutes was just to 'assist.'
I have NO idea what happened when suddenly I was the only remaining player for our team! ME! To add to the pressure, I had all five balls with me and there were still three of them from the opposing team!!! PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE!!!!!! What I did at first was stroll around, taking my time. I sudden;y had a fan's club! Everybody was cheering my name. I knew my team was counting on me! PRESSURE PRESSURE!!!!
Eventually, I had to throw a ball to the opponents and once I did, one throw back to my side and I was hit!!!! hard!!!!! If this wasn't bad enough, it happened two times!!!!!
Oh the shame and the horror!!!!! wah.....
Worst part is, I don't want to show my face anymore in school because
I was so embarassed!!! hehehehe....
After losing that game, I was told that it was nonbearing to our chances of winning 1st place....
In the next game, with another opponent, what I did then was have myself hit first among all my team members so that I could be out at once and they would be pressured to aim harder....hahaha....Well, it may be the easy way out, but I think it worked because
we won 1st place in dodgeball! yey us!

Today may have been the most embarrassing day of my Ateneo life but I had so much fun! Best of all, we won!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ha! i know who you are na!!!! hahahhaha......huli ka!