My thoughts on food, restaus, makeup, fashion, books, movies, photography, events and everything else that interests me. Enjoy!

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Fish Out of Water

My very first restaurant to eat in at Greenbelt 5. I loved the interiors, the table settings and even the ambience. You really kind of feel like you're really in an aquarium. I even like those submarine like windows peering over the kitchen which my friend found to be freaky. Make no mistake, the food is definitely Filipino mixed with foreign influences (I can only assume that the menu was inspired by the owner's travels).

Pumpkin Soup with Roasted Kasuy (cashew) and Bacon Php148

Photobucket
This really really really is the best soup I've had in 4 years!!!! Yes, I remember exactly how long ago it was when I had this really good mushroom soup in the now defunct Westin Plaza, but that's another story. The pumpkin-ness of the soup was spot on. It was mashed well (no bits here!!) and was well complimented by the cashews. I didn't notice the bacon in the soup though.

Grilled Sarangani Bay Milkfish Belly  Php 299
Photobucket
This was the dish my friend ordered. I'm personally not a fan of fish belly (any fish, any belly). However, I really did enjoy the Lucban Longaniza Risotto which I found 
to be such an odd pairing with risotto which is supposed to be something so rich and exquisite. But the more I thought about it, the more it made sense since we all know and love our sinangags with Lucban Longaniza. More risotto please!!

Labahita ala Bacalao Pasta Php329
Photobucket
I found the pasta to be a little too oily and a little too bland even though there were so many ingredients in this linguine dish. Three bites into my food, I found a stray hair and 
informed my server about it. They promptly changed my order with a fresh one. 
I would have definitely felt better if the manager had come over and apologized to me. My second labahita pasta was much more tastier and well seasoned than the first one. 


Would definitely come back for more! This really is a good place for relaxing lunches with friends.



2 comments:

lee said...

hi thanks for the good review, hope to see you again ,

Leo Vergara
Training & Marketing
The RED CRAB GROUP
#09278096265

cici said...

Very much welcome. Will definitely come back! In fact, have recommended the place to so many of my friends already.

Good luck!