My thoughts on food, restaus, makeup, fashion, books, movies, photography, events and everything else that interests me. Enjoy!

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Classic Confections

My friend got so excited when she saw this in Greenbelt 5. She's apparently heard so much about the bakery but had never gotten around to visiting the place since it was somewhere in Pasig. We had to come back like 6 times before we actually got seats. Only 4-6 (if you don't mind sharing with strangers) tables are available. I don't really get why they chose the tables and chairs that they did. It's so space consuming. Nevertheless, here were our cakes and we'll surely be back for more (want to taste them all!)!


Nono's Chocolate Oblivion
Photobucket
The only thing that I found to be different and exciting in this cake was the crusty outside layer of the cake which I *think* is a mix of jam and finely ground walnuts. This cake in particular isn't really my kind of dessert.

Banana Cream Pie
Photobucket
This was good! Perfect balance between the bananas and the caramel!. I was so tempted to buy a whole cake and bring it home to the folks!

Must tries on next visit: Lemon Torte, Rum Cake and their version of almond roca.

No comments: