My thoughts on food, restaus, makeup, fashion, books, movies, photography, events and everything else that interests me. Enjoy!

Saturday, January 12, 2008

CYMA

For my first review after a looong lull, I have the ever so controversial Cyma found in Greenbelt 2. As expected, there was a long waiting line. Lucky for me, there were only 4 of us dining that time, beating out a lot of other groups ahead of us in the waiting list. Here are what we ate:

Saganaki (Flaming Cheese) Php 165
Photobucket
Very controversial. Plainly put, it's just melted cheese served piping hot with waiters shouting ompa!. Fun to try but nothing sooo spectacular about it. Also, too much bread for the amount of cheese served. Or better yet, too little cheese for the amount of bread served.

Cyma Chopped Salad Php 300
Photobucket
This was a good and creative way to have salad. A balance of vegetables and fruits. It had chopped romaine and iceburg lettuce, spinach, arugula, walnuts, pears, sun dried tomatoes, blue cheese and shaved parmesan on a Greek vinaigrette.

Salmon Php230
Photobucket
This wasn't interesting at all. I believe I can make the same quality salmon at home, not worth its price.

Roka Pasta Php 280
Photobucket
Another pasta dish that I think I can easily replicate at home. Main ingredients include arugula, parmesan and fresh tomatoes. Very mediterranean in style indeed.

Final verdict: Wasn't blown away by the food but will definitely come back to try out more dishes in the menu.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

have yet to try this resto out..

Unknown said...

The food is good. Try to get a reservation. It's always packed!!