My thoughts on food, restaus, makeup, fashion, books, movies, photography, events and everything else that interests me. Enjoy!

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

DAMPA: Aling Tonya's

We ate at the Dampa near Mall of Asia yesterday (I'm really not sure what it's properly called). 
What I love about dampas is that you actually get to buy your  own seafoods and pick out the choicest ones amongst the bunch! I personally love the shrimp and prawn section! There are so many to choose from!!!
After you've chosen your seafood, you then pick one of the restau around the area where they cook your freshly purchased seafoods for you. They have so many recipes to choose from for whatever seafood it is that you have bought.  We always always eat in Aling Tonya's. In my honest opinion, they really cook the yummiest...These are what we had:
  • Lemmon Butter Prawns-yum.yum.yum. I don't even care that this was all butter. The sauce was so goooood. We finished this dish in a jiffy!
  • Adobong Pusit- I don't eat squid but all of the people with me there agree that this was the best adobong pusit they had ever taster.
  • Kinilaw na Talaba- I don't eat kilawin in general, but I was forced to try this because the oysters were just so robust. They looked sooo juicy, I couldn't resist not trying them. Lo and behold! I liked it! Take note, like. Not love. Mixture was great, fishyness was really removed.
  • Sinigang sa Miso na Maya-Maya- I love sinigang. I love sinigang sa miso. I love sinigang sa miso with a lot of mustard leaves. I love sinigang sa miso with a lot of mustard leaves that are extremely sour!!! This soup was perfect! Abundant in veggies and sour sour sour!! The miso soup almost didn't taste like miso anymore, but you could still tell that it was there somewhere. I prefer this much more than the sinigang of Serendra.
  • Lato Salad- There are two kinds of lato. This was the green pulpy looking one. It was mixed with some green mangoes and tomatoes. Definitely not for my liking.
Would come back again and again, but next time, more shrimps and prawns pls!

No comments: