My thoughts on food, restaus, makeup, fashion, books, movies, photography, events and everything else that interests me. Enjoy!

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Murray's New Orleans Bourbon Street Steaks & Oysters

Boy! What a looong name! We call it "New Orleans" for short. Got there at around 8pm, got a table at around 9:15! The wait list wasn't that very long, it was just that customer turnover was slow. Probably because service was slow too.

The place was very small, but very alive. It could have been the slightest bit bigger. I loved the over all decor in the area. It was like a mini-Bourbon street reinvented in your own backyard.
The bartender was very very friendly (and cheery) and he kept us 
company while waiting for our table. I believe New Orleans is part of the Claw Daddy/ 
Red Crab family as well. Expected the food to be similar.
Ate here on a Friday night so I really tried my best to avoid getting anything with meat. These are what we ate:

French Onion and Dumpling Soup Php105
Photobucket
The soup was a bit bland. I was expecting it to have a more dumplings and more stuffing in the dumplings!

Cream of Asparagus with Bacon Soup Php140
Photobucket

Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya Php345
Photobucket
Good for two people. I think they served the same rice they did to the other dish we ordered.

Fish Over Seafood Pontchartrain Php345
Photobucket
Finally, a fish dish I love. Finally!! I useally don't order fish dishes because more often than not I find them badly prepared. But not this dish! It was worth the wait. The fish was so moist and all the juices were well preserved. I specifically requested not to get the belly part, and they really did give me that. The rice side dish was a bit of a disappointment. I was very obvious that it had been sitting in their kitchen for hours on end already. I'm so happy about this fish!
Btw, Pontchartrain is a lake found in New Orleans. A tribute to the homeland!

As dinner wound down, customers became more sparse. Tables were easier to get. We didn't have dessert here as we were not that impressed by the selection. Their cocktail selectiong was very impressive too, though we didn't have any.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

u did not try the ribs? sayang....

cici said...

meatless friday eh....sayang...

Anonymous said...

take out sana then reheat at home. hehe

cici said...

really? ok pa rin kaya if reheated at home?

ill go back for it na lang soon :)